Over 40 Million U.S. American Adults Have a Mental Health Condition international Best-Selling Author & Mental Health Counselor Offers Tips for Dealing with Depression When Tragedy Strikes and Surviving the Holidays
Depression used to be a topic that no one discussed. According to the World Health Organization (WHO):
- Globally, more than 450 million people of all ages suffer from depression.
- Depression is the leading cause of ill-health and disability worldwide, and is a major contributor to the overall global burden of disease.
- More women are affected by depression than men.
- Treatments are available, but nearly two thirds of people with a known mental disorder never seek help from a mental health professional. Stigma, discrimination and neglect prevent care and treatment from reaching people with mental disorders says the World Health Organization (WHO). Where there is neglect, there is little or no understanding. Where there is no understanding, there is neglect.
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder): Women have significantly higher rates of PTSD than men.
When someone is depressed they feel isolated and misunderstood. In her book, The Formula: Seven Steps for Healing from Depression and Manic Depression, Alicemarie O’Neill discusses the seven steps for healing from depression and manic depression/bipolar disorder. The steps are individualized so that readers can make The Formula their own and begin to see results. The author hopes readers are open to new ideas about their condition, especially from someone who knows what they’re talking about. This is your guide to restore and rebuild. There are no limits to what you can achieve. The book will give you hope.